Prospective candidates for Dáil Elections may use the forms available for download below to register their candidacy. Candidates should contact the office of the Returning Officer to make an appointment to register their nomination. All candidates will require a completed Nomination form and Agent Forms. Candidates running under the banner of a registered political party should get a certificate of political affiliation signed by the designated party officials. Non-party candidates must lodge a deposit of €500 with the returning officer or submit a completed Form of Statutory Declaration by Assentors. Assentors should use the same name on that form as the name that appears on the electoral register to ensure that the form can be processed correctly.
NOTICE OF THE TAKING OF A REFERENDUM
Notice is hereby given that a referendum will be taken on the proposal contained in this Bill.
The Bill may be viewed at www.oireachtas.ie
The poll will be held on the 24th day of May 2019, between the hours of 7.00a.m. and 10.00p.m.
Issued by the Local Returning Officer.
- Purpose : the purpose of this policy is to outline our compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
- Legitimate processing : you have, as an employee of the Returning Officer, provided the Returning Officer with your personal details (- name, address, PPSN, email address, telephone number and date of birth) to enable the Returning Officer to register you as an employee with the Revenue Commissioners in compliance with the relevant tax legislation.
- Duration of retention of your personal information : your personal information specified at paragraph 2 above will be retained by the Returning Officer for a rolling period of at least seven years and will only be used during this period to contact you to see whether you wish to be re-employed for elections and referenda as they arise and to re-register you and de-register you as an employee of the Returning Officer before and after each election and referenda as they arise. On each occasion of being registered as an employee, your name and email address will be supplied to Election Training Ireland to allow Election Training Ireland to contact you and provide you with your compulsory election training.
- Opt out : you may at any time submit a written request to the Returning Officer to delete your personal information. PLEASE NOTE that this request will be complied with save and except where the Returning Officer is required to maintain employment records in compliance with the relevant tax legislation. PLEASE FURTHER NOTE that where a request to delete personal information is made, then the Returning Officer will not be in a position to retain your contact details and therefore will not be in a position to contact you in relation to re-employment for any further elections or referenda.
- Relevant Contact details : James Seymour, Returning Officer for Tipperary, The Courthouse, Nelson Street, Clonmel, County Tipperary.
You can contact us via any of the following methods.Post
Returning Officer for County Tipperary